We are asking that patients be mindful that their GP practice is dealing with unprecedented circumstances due to the impact of COVID-19. Over the coming weeks and months this is likely to intensify and the demand on their services needs to be managed carefully so that they continue to meet your needs. To meet this demand practices are being asked to work in a different way, this includes the following.
- Telephone triaging any patients prior to seeing them to ensure they are not displaying any potential COVID symptoms
- Considering if an alternative solution can be offered to meet the patients’ needs. For example, self-care advice or video consultation
- Insisting patients use the Electronic Prescribing Service
- Stopping some routine procedures and clinics
- A reduced face-2-face consultation service
This may mean that at times you may struggle to get through to your practice on the telephone. However, it ensures that patients with the most urgent clinical need are prioritised.
We understand that this is currently an anxious time for all.
We ask that you try to minimise unnecessary contact with the NHS front-line services and refer to www.nhs.uk for advice prior to making an appointment.
Your practice has the full support of Bury OCO at this time and we ask for your patience and support also.